Open this post in threaded view
|

Asynch support WPS 1.0

Lvw
Hi list,

I understand from the standard that by setting

storeExecuteResponse="true"
status="true"

on the <wps:ResponsForm> element in the Execute request, one can execute an asynched process. I therefore expected to be directly lead to a response which states both the status of the running process (first probably someting like "processing" and eventually "Process successful") as well as the href of the place where I can expect my result when process is finished.

Upon testing however, I observed that its still a synched process. I am only forwarded to the expected page once the process is fully completed. The status says then naturally "Process successful" and the href is present. (So I am still blocked after my post.. and have to wait for the process to complete)

I was wondering if I am doing something wrong or if there is in fact a way to execute asynched processes with 52N WPS?

Best,
Lucas
Lvw
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Asynch support WPS 1.0

Lvw
Oh I guess it's because the WPS form client @http://localhost/wps/test.html is an asynched POST. Ill try an ajax post request with the mentioned payload..

For some reason I keep on answering my own questions...

Maybe I should think more and ask less..
Lvw
Reply | Threaded
|

Lvw
Ah I am getting confused by these web technologies.. I am now posting asynched to the WPS server with AJAX. And by doing so I am no longer blocked in the client.. however, the answer from the server only comes in when the process is indeed finished.

I thought asynch would also mean that I would get straight away a response which then firstly would say "process running" and eventually (on polling) would state "process successful".

Could somebody shed some light on this?
Reply | Threaded
|

BenjaminPross
Hi Lucas,

From your first post, I got the impression that maybe the storeExecuteResponse and asReference variables were mixed up. Could you try the attached asynch execute request with our demo test client [1] and tell us, whether the WPS behaves as you expected?

Cheers,

Benjamin

[1] http://geoprocessing.demo.52north.org:8080/wps/test.html