Some problems with OpenLayers WPS client

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Some problems with OpenLayers WPS client

dabraham
Hi,

I'm trying to run OpenLayers client (this: https://wiki.52north.org/bin/view/Geoprocessing/52nOpenLayersWPSClient) on my server, but I have several problems with it.

1) proxy.properties - when I add a new address or port, and then restart Apache or Tomcat, these addresses or ports disappear. (therefore I use OpenLayers proxy.cgi)

2) When I try to connect some WFS layer (eg Tasmania roads), I get error "Uncaught RangeError: Invalid array length".

3) Processes from the address entered either does not load and still writes "Updating capabilities ...", or retrieve only a few of them (usually 2-3).

4) Both dropdowns (list of services and a list of processes) can not be opened and are not clickable. When I increase the size of the list, the list items are clickable in Firefox, but in not Chrome.

Is there any other example of OpenLayers WPS client? I want to create my own application to 52nWPS with HTML5, OL 2.13.1 and newer versions of jQuery and jQuery UI. So any advice will be good.

Dominik
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Some problems with OpenLayers WPS client

Daniel
Am 09.07.2014 15:12, schrieb dabraham:
> I'm trying to run OpenLayers client (this:
> https://wiki.52north.org/bin/view/Geoprocessing/52nOpenLayersWPSClient) on
> my server, but I have several problems with it.

I can't say anything about the OL client, I'm afraid.

> 1) proxy.properties - when I add a new address or port, and then restart
> Apache or Tomcat, these addresses or ports disappear. (therefore I use
> OpenLayers proxy.cgi)
>
> 2) When I try to connect some WFS layer (eg Tasmania roads), I get error
> "Uncaught RangeError: Invalid array length".
>
> 3) Processes from the address entered either does not load and still writes
> "Updating capabilities ...", or retrieve only a few of them (usually 2-3).
>
> 4) Both dropdowns (list of services and a list of processes) can not be
> opened and are not clickable. When I increase the size of the list, the list
> items are clickable in Firefox, but in not Chrome.

(Benjamin will be back next week and hopefully be able to answer some of
the questions.)

> Is there any other example of OpenLayers WPS client? I want to create my own
> application to 52nWPS with HTML5, OL 2.13.1 and newer versions of jQuery and
> jQuery UI. So any advice will be good.

We've begun to develop a library that should help you in building such
an application independent from specific mapping frameworks: wps-js, see
https://github.com/52North/wps-js/

It is in an early stage, but maybe you find something useful here - it
should at least take away the burdon of creating and parsing XML for you.


Hope this helps,
Daniel


> --
> View this message in context: http://geoprocessing.forum.52north.org/Some-problems-with-OpenLayers-WPS-client-tp4025683.html
> Sent from the 52° North - Geoprocessing Community Forum mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Geoprocessingservices mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/geoprocessingservices
> http://geoprocessing.forum.52north.org
>


--
Daniel Nüst
52°North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH
Martin-Luther-King-Weg 24
48155 Münster, Germany
E-Mail: [hidden email]
Fon: +49-(0)-251–396371-36
Fax: +49-(0)-251–396371-11

http://52north.org/
Twitter: @FiveTwoN

General Managers: Dr. Albert Remke, Dr. Andreas Wytzisk
Local Court Muenster HRB 10849
_______________________________________________
Geoprocessingservices mailing list
[hidden email]
http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/geoprocessingservices
http://geoprocessing.forum.52north.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Some problems with OpenLayers WPS client

dabraham
Thank you for reply. I tried to install WPS-JS, but when I run mvn clean install, it thows it throws me errors. With Maven2 it's something with POM and with Maven it shows me this message:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.googlecode.jstd-maven-plugin:jstd-maven-plugin:1.3.5.1:test (run-js-tests) on project wps-js: Failed to parse results -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal com.googlecode.jstd-maven-plugin:jstd-maven-plugin:1.3.5.1:test (run-js-tests) on project wps-js: Failed to parse results
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:217)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:320)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:537)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:196)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:141)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Failed to parse results
        at com.googlecode.jstdmavenplugin.ResultsProcessor.extractResults(ResultsProcessor.java:63)
        at com.googlecode.jstdmavenplugin.ResultsProcessor.processResults(ResultsProcessor.java:18)
        at com.googlecode.jstdmavenplugin.JsTestDriverMojo.execute(JsTestDriverMojo.java:214)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:101)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:209)
        ... 19 more
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:



2014-07-09 16:08 GMT+02:00 Daniel [via 52° North - Geoprocessing Community Forum] <[hidden email]>:
Am 09.07.2014 15:12, schrieb dabraham:
> I'm trying to run OpenLayers client (this:
> https://wiki.52north.org/bin/view/Geoprocessing/52nOpenLayersWPSClient) on
> my server, but I have several problems with it.

I can't say anything about the OL client, I'm afraid.

> 1) proxy.properties - when I add a new address or port, and then restart
> Apache or Tomcat, these addresses or ports disappear. (therefore I use
> OpenLayers proxy.cgi)
>
> 2) When I try to connect some WFS layer (eg Tasmania roads), I get error
> "Uncaught RangeError: Invalid array length".
>
> 3) Processes from the address entered either does not load and still writes
> "Updating capabilities ...", or retrieve only a few of them (usually 2-3).
>
> 4) Both dropdowns (list of services and a list of processes) can not be
> opened and are not clickable. When I increase the size of the list, the list
> items are clickable in Firefox, but in not Chrome.
(Benjamin will be back next week and hopefully be able to answer some of
the questions.)

> Is there any other example of OpenLayers WPS client? I want to create my own
> application to 52nWPS with HTML5, OL 2.13.1 and newer versions of jQuery and
> jQuery UI. So any advice will be good.

We've begun to develop a library that should help you in building such
an application independent from specific mapping frameworks: wps-js, see
https://github.com/52North/wps-js/

It is in an early stage, but maybe you find something useful here - it
should at least take away the burdon of creating and parsing XML for you.


Hope this helps,
Daniel


> --
> View this message in context: http://geoprocessing.forum.52north.org/Some-problems-with-OpenLayers-WPS-client-tp4025683.html
> Sent from the 52° North - Geoprocessing Community Forum mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Geoprocessingservices mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/geoprocessingservices
> http://geoprocessing.forum.52north.org
>


--
Daniel Nüst
52°North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH
Martin-Luther-King-Weg 24
48155 Münster, Germany
E-Mail: [hidden email]
Fon: <a href="tel:%2B49-%280%29-251%E2%80%93396371-36" value="+4925139637136" target="_blank">+49-(0)-251–396371-36
Fax: <a href="tel:%2B49-%280%29-251%E2%80%93396371-11" value="+4925139637111" target="_blank">+49-(0)-251–396371-11

http://52north.org/
Twitter: @FiveTwoN

General Managers: Dr. Albert Remke, Dr. Andreas Wytzisk
Local Court Muenster HRB 10849
_______________________________________________
Geoprocessingservices mailing list
[hidden email]
http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/geoprocessingservices
http://geoprocessing.forum.52north.org


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://geoprocessing.forum.52north.org/Some-problems-with-OpenLayers-WPS-client-tp4025683p4025684.html
To unsubscribe from Some problems with OpenLayers WPS client, click here.
NAML